Thursday, March 1, 2007

Red Dog Art Gallery & Art Detour Weekend

It's a Dog's Life. A group exhibition at Red Dog Art Gallery in downtown Phoenix March 2-4
The gallery's address is 812 N. 3rd Street, Phoenix. The gallery is part of Art Detour.
For any of you locals who may be looking for something to do this weekend, come and check out Art Detour. There will be hundreds of artists and lots of galleries open for this artist event. Get more informationhere.
Red Dog Art Gallery is a very cool gallery with a lot of really cool dog art, as well as, other great art.
The exhibition this weekend called for dog art, as well as, kitty work.
I worked like crazy to get my mosaic dog piece done. It is pretty good size. I think it's 27 x 22. I've never owned a dalmation, but I thought the colors of a dalmation would work good for a mosaic. Then I wanted to be able to use a lot of different colors somewhere, so I decided to add a ball. Still not enough color, so I decided to design a sweater for my dog, who's name by the way is Lucky. I went to PetSmart and had a real dog tag made for my doggy.

Here's a close-up.
I should be at Red Dog Gallery off and on this weekend including First Friday, so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say hello.
Woof! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment