Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!



I think I've done every craft imaginable. Here is a paper-mache doll I made a couple of years ago. Queen of Hearts I call her. Making her was quite time consuming, but very fulfilling. I made a witch around the same time and when I find a niche of time, I think I'll get out my supplies and make something else. I think I'd like to make something for every month of the year. A rabbit for Easter would be fun.
Miss Queen of Heart's little purse and the "Q's" and little hearts on her chest were made with polymer clay. As were the little hearts on
her crown. So Fun.
Today will be a very busy day, as I am putting the finishing touches on a couple of mosaic cupcakes for a couple of nice gals and I promised my family I would make a red velvet cake for this Valentine holiday. I also need to go to the store and find something yummy for dinner. I refuse to pay the prices that these restaurants charge for Valentine dinners! $200!!! Come on! Do you know how many craft supplies a girl can buy with that much cash?!!
Anyway...... I haven't gotten my husband a Valentine card yet! (I'm such a Bad Girl!) So, I must run out and find something nice and hope that everything isn't totally picked over. I guess I could always pull out some supplies and make his something nice....hmmmmm.
Especially since I found this.......................




What a sweetie that husband of mine is! I awoke to find this waiting for me in the kitchen. I also know that he hid something that is in a black sack in his camper.Ooooooooh I can hardly wait! I'm not much of a jewelry fan unless it's something funky or something vintage. Whatever it is, I'll be totally grateful!!! I mean he took the time to care. What more could one want!
Happy Valentine's Day to you all and daughter #2, if you're reading this, I LOVE you!!!! (please take care)
Love,
Michelle (Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment