Monday, March 19, 2007

Next Phase of Room

Here's the next phase of my daughter's room re-do. First I went looking through my garage and found this headboard that I had purchased sometime ago from Goodwill for $5.00! At one time, my husband said I had a headboard addiction. He said that I was the only person he knew that collected headboards.....that is until I moved onto chairs.....but that's a story for another time. :-)







Well, as you can see, I painted the headboard black. I used a satin finish for it. I think the black paint really makes the old headboard look classy and of course now, it will be something that my daughter likes.















Okay, now onto the next piece of furniture. This
(ugly) bedside table has been in our house for
years, but I can't remember where it came from.
Maybe it belonged to my husband when he was
in college? I'm not sure. The only thing I am sure
of is that I can't believe we still have this ugly piece of furniture roaming
around the house. I think each daughter has
had it in their room at one time and we haven't
done anything to spruce it up....until now.


I found this zebra gift wrap at Michael's and I decoupaged it onto the bedside table. I then painted the top black and the inside cubby black and added the pink rose knob. I had the pink knob lying around, so I used it, but I may go to Anthropologie and see if I can find a red knob. I remember seeing metal red rose knobs there and I think that would better fit with the decor.


I'll post more pics tomorrow of the transformation. The final re-do turned out Fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment