Wednesday, April 4, 2007

No Artwalk tonight

Well, I won't be participating in the Chandler Artwalk tonight....for any of you locals that are interested (hi linda). I have just been too busy to make extra inventory and I thought I might look a little ridiculous sitting at my table with 2 cupcakes, 1 cake and a butterfly for sale. I'm going to work extra hard to be ready for May (hopefully).
Yesterday, I spent the whole day at the University for orientation for the incoming Freshman. Daughter #3 will be attending in the fall (on a full scholarship-Yay!!!!) and yesterday we were given a taste of what University life is all about. My husband went to college, but I did not, so this was quite a new experience for me. After we left, I told my husband that I was soooo excited about the whole experience that I may want to go to college too. I'm not sure for what.....maybe an art degree. He told me to go for it. We'll see if I change my mind after the excitement wears off.
Soooo anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures of my yard. The flowers next to my mosaic pathway in the front yard are doing Great! It's a mixture of perennials and wild flowers for right now. When the heat comes, I'll probably have to replant something like Vinca. Oh, and that's my yellow Scion in the background. I LOVE that car!!!!


The roses are starting to bloom on the arbor. This side has the pale yellow roses and the other side is also starting to bloom with peachy-pink roses.






Check out this beautiful vine. This vine has gone crazy! It is everywhere! It's even covered my neighbor's shed. Thank goodness he doesn't mind. I LOVE the yellow flowers on it!!


Here's the wall I've been painting blue that surrounds the pool, that I talked about in an earlier post. I have a lot of work to do in this area. I'm not a big fan of decorative rock and the pool is surrounded by them. Matter of fact, when we first moved to this house, a big portion of the front and back yard were covered in rock. YUCK!!! We've been removing the rock over the years and replacing with GREEN. The pool area is the last of it. This area needs plants and decorative planters and possibly a mosaic mermaid on the wall. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment